Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Afterlife studies

My children are very skeptical that there is anything but this material world.  When you're dead, you're dead as far as they are concerned.  My experiences in life have led me to believe that the material world is just part of our experience, and that there are things beyond the material.

I am now part of the Quaker Fellowship for Afterlife Studies, which includes a lot of people who have experienced the possibility that life continues beyond the death of the body. It's a relief to have contact with people who are open to the ideas... for whom I don't have to explain and argue for my beliefs before getting to discuss something I've read or heard, but who are prepared to believe that someone may have experienced death and returned to tell the tale.  My children's view is that if someone returns to tell the tale, they weren't dead.

No comments: