Pages

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Blogging

I've been blogging for 12 years, having started when I got my first internet-enabled computer in 1998.  Then, I was one of only seven bloggers in the UK, and nearly all the blogs which were accessible online were from Americans.

I've blogged in the form of a diary or online journal, I've blogged for money, I've blogged to provide information.  I realise that nowadays most of my blogging is done on Facebook for 50 friends and acquaintances instead of publically, on my blog, and that is the reason that I have not been blogging as much - when I have a link to share or a thought to express I tend to do it in the comfort of my Facebook profile instead of here.

I suppose that has advantages and disadvantages, but I need to get back into the swing of blogging, because I need to blog professionally again, and so I am trying to get into the habit of sharing things here.  So here I am.

I was sent a link to a class project video which is set to Saltwater by Julian Lennon. I'm afraid that as I don't listen to music radio and I hardly watch television nowadays, I haven't really come across his music before, which sounds a lot like a pastiche of Beatles music... but I rather like this video and the music behind it, and so I will embed it here.

No comments: