Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gulf Emergency Summit speeches

After hearing the speech made by Kindra Arnesen, I was moved to watch the other speeches at the summit. I don't care about governments, I don't care about big businesses, I don't care about the motives or the guilt for the accident. We have to live with what has happened and respond to it.

I DO care, passionately about people - they matter to me, whether in the US or India or Africa... I don't care, people are more important than things, than profit, than politics.

I do care, passionately, about our planet, and how we are looking after it for the future.

For me, it's a very practical thing... we need the people who have the expertise to cope with this problem, to be dealing with it. We need the American government and BP to be opening up their response to allow whoever has the expertise to solve the problem, to solve it... and if they can't solve it, to look practically at what needs to be done to protect the people and the environment to the best of their ability.

In each case, I have only linked the first part - on youtube the second or subsequent parts will be linked from there:

Kindra Arnesen's speech.


Raymond Lotta's speech.


Cindy Sheehan's speech.

John Clark's speech.

If you have other links please send them to me.

No comments: