Pages

Friday, May 22, 2020

Curriculum Vitae

I am actively looking for work I can do from home, like the rest of the UK population.  So I thought I would put a CV on my blog, just in case.

I have long experience as a writer, blogger and editor.  I worked for ten years for Lloyd's Register of Shipping (LR), the classification society, not the insurance market, working on both in-house and external publications.  I wrote articles on shipping and industry for LR, and edited their in-house magazine and was assistant editor for their technical quarterly magazine and annual report.

Since leaving LR, I have written articles, newsletters and provided administrative support for a large number of companies on a freelance basis.

I have a strong interest in home education and unschooling, having home educated my (now adult) three children, and have written for TES and Young Minds magazine.  I also wrote a speech for my then MP, John Randall, which was delivered in Parliament at Westminster Hall.

I have been fascinated by virtual worlds since I joined Second Life (SL) in 2004.  I have been working as a creator in Second Life for 15 years.  I worked for Linden Lab as a freelance creator for five years, and have blogged professionally about the virtual world.

I have been researching my family history for decades, and have helped hundreds of people with their research.  I have blogged and written about genealogy and researching your family. I produce powerpoints for anniversaries and funerals, and I am setting up a website to help other people do this for themselves.

I enjoy crafts such as papier mache, jewellery making, decorating boxes and bottles.  I love composing music, and have recently taken up gardening.

I live in Lincolnshire with my two adult children and their partners, and my dog Tizzy.


No comments: